Forums

Can't see my design

I can see the desing in my page, i just see everything like a list. I add the static URL, I don't know what is wrong, I'm using a virtualenv, 'cause my app is in django 1.4.3

/static/             /home/mediexcel2/.virtualenvs/django14/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/static  
/static/admin/   /home/mediexcel2/proyectomediexcel/ProyectoMediExcel/static/admin     
/media/          /home/mediexcel2/proyectomediexcel/ProyectoMediExcel/media

Using bootstrap for a lot of the desing.

OK, so looking at your page, you're including five CSS files:

• /static/css/code.css. This is not working.
  • /static/css/bootstrap.css. This is not working.
  • /static/css/bootstrap-responsive.css. This is not working.
  • /static/admin/css/base.css. This is working.
  • /static/admin/css/global.css. This is not working.

The first three of these, as their URLs start with /static/css, will be searched for in /home/mediexcel2/.virtualenvs/django14/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/static/css. Are those files in that directory?

The last one, as its URL starts with /static/admin/, will be searched for in /home/mediexcel2/proyectomediexcel/ProyectoMediExcel/static/admin/css. Is it in that directory?

I fix that the URL, for the static file was wrong, but now I get this

/home/mediexcel2/.virtualenvs/django14/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/template/loader.py in find_template, line 138

I can't load my templates.

Could you give me an example of a page on your site that shows that problem? When I look at the root page, everything looks OK.

Hope you can help me, I really need this up by tomorrow in the morning

http://mediexcel2.pythonanywhere.com/expediente/

I get this error, seems like is the template loader.

Django tried loading these templates, in this order:

Using loader django.template.loaders.filesystem.Loader:
/home/mediexcel2/proyectomediexcel/ProyectoMediExcel/plantillas/baseformex.html (File does not exist)
 Using loader django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader:
/home/mediexcel2/.virtualenvs/django14/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/templates/baseformex.html (File does   not exist)
/home/mediexcel2/.virtualenvs/django14/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/templates/baseformex.html (File does not exist)
/home/mediexcel2/.virtualenvs/django14/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/admindocs/templates/baseformex.html (File does not exist)
/home/mediexcel2/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pagination/templates/baseformex.html (File does not exist)

Would you mind if I took a look at your files? That will probably make it easier to debug.

Yes you can,you will help me a lot, is the first time that I upload a app to any server, so i'm lost

OK, I think I see the problem. On Linux, filenames are case-sensitive. The file with your template baseformex.html is actually called Baseformex.html, which is why it's not being found.

You need to either rename the file to baseformex.html (in which case you'll need to check your code to make sure that it's never referenced using a different case) or change your code to always refer to Baseformex.html.

I have the same problem with the databases table names, In my local runs normal, I have with low case like expmedico_farmacos, but here I get that the table doesn't exist and is searching it like ExpMedico_farmacos.

Do you think is the same case with the table names than with the file name?

Don't want to bother you a lot, but I have and other problem with the design, the page opens normally, but it shows some dots before every word on my dash, I don't know if you can take I look, to it

http://mediexcel2.pythonanywhere.com/

Yes, I believe database names will also be case-sensitive on Linux. Here's the appropriate bit from the MySQL manual.

I don't see any dots on the page you linked to. Perhaps you can debug using the Web developer console in your browser?

Ok, thanks, so I will change all my tables names :)

Thanks for all your help, I believe the dots are from the css files,but I will fix it easy...