Forums

Few domain names pointing to one CNAME

Hi, is it even possible to do? We have several blogs (that are hosted at different places), all of which take (same) information from server here on pythonanywhere using REST API. It works nice as a combination of Angular2 + Django, but not everything is possible to do this way. The complicated part is meta tags, since crawlers of search engines do not execute javascript, so SEO part is just completely missing out. It seems that solution would be to render those blog pages with all the meta tags on server and then somehow deliver it to other websites, that are hosted wherever else. Or, if it is possible, to point all the blogs to server here, but I'm not sure I'm not talking something outrageously stupid. Also, since I finally dare to write a message here, there's a question that tortures my wife: is it possible to organize some kind of caching? Google Page Speed Insights always yells at me for not using it.

You can't point more than one domain name at your web app because then, when the request arrives at PythonAnywhere, we have no idea where to route it.

We already provide pretty good caching by providing the Last-Modified header for static files and by honoring the If-Modified-Since request header.