Forums

New Django App

Hi, everytime I try to create a new app after deleting old directory from files and web app it gives me error saying please try again later.

Any idea why is this happening?

I have "nuked" the app and removed the dir

When does it give you the error? Does it create the web app, anyway or does the web app not get created at all? Sometimes if your web app is badly behaved (if it takes too long to respond to the first request, for instance), you'll see that error, but the web app will working. If you like, you can create the web app and let me know and I can have a look at it to see what's happening.

Hi, I created a new app. I think it creates but on the dialog box it tells me there was a problem connecting to the server.

And it doesnt show up on dashboard so there is no way to relaunch it. Can you have a look at it? Thanks!

Taking a look now...

Ah, got it. It looks like you upgraded Django using pip install --user. The quickstart for Django only works with 1.3.

If you want a Django 1.5 app, the best way is to use a virtualenv, by following the instructions in this tutorial. It's for 1.4, but the changes for 1.5 should be pretty clear.