Forums

Completed task, took 0.00 seconds, return code was 126.

Im trying to create an hourly task, but I keep on getting return code 126 (Permission denied), the imported modules are:

time, urllib, urllib2, cookielib, threading, time, os (Only using os.path.isfile) and random

as well as a module I have myself created (but it uses the same "sub" modules as those above) I can launch the program in a console but I cant create a scheduled task for some reason, any idea of how to fix this? I tried "chmod 700 filename" but im not allowed to do that from the console, since im not root...

You should be able to chmod any script that you created. You don't need to be root to do that. Is it a Python script?

If so then have you tried using the command: python /home/DaWooShit/some_dir/some_script.py

That should work no matter what the permissions are or whether or not you have properly set up the first line. You need a

#!/usr/bin/env python

at the start of your executable file if you want it to be run with the Python interpreter. Or just call it with the interpreter like in my first example.