Forums

"linux distribution" strangeness

I'm guessing this must be related to the recent update. When I try to input PRAW (which I've done successfully before today) I get:

Python 2.7.4 (default, Apr 19 2013, 18:28:01) [GCC 4.7.3] on linux2 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

import praw Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> File "/home/sotb2/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/praw/init.py", line 45, in <module> platform.platform(True)) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/platform.py", line 1623, in platform distname,distversion,distid = dist('') File "/usr/lib/python2.7/platform.py", line 390, in dist full_distribution_name=0) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/platform.py", line 339, in linux_distribution if etclsbrel: UnboundLocalError: local variable 'etclsbrel' referenced before assignment

Don't really know what to make of this, except that it seems fairly low-level and might be related to the "virtualenv" problems that other folks have reported.

Yup. That is related to the update. I'm looking for a fix now.

There are a couple of processes running to fix this issue. It should (if it isn't already) work for you in the next few minutes.

Works now. Thanks for your fast response!