Forums

Let's Encrypt error

I'm trying to get a cert for a web app hosted with a domain. I've followed the instructions as per the PythonAnywhere help a numbers of times now and get the same error at the same point in the process. All goes well up to the point in step 4 and curl returns the acme-challenge file contents ok. When I switch back to the console to press enter to progress the sig_csr.py script it just crashes.

I've cleared out al files and started from scratch three times now :-(

Anyone used this process to successfully get a free cert this way? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Quite a few people have given us Let's Encrypt certificates to install, and I'm pretty sure most of them followed those instructions. Could you share any error messages the script gives you when it crashes? (Send them using the "Send feedback" link if it looks like there might be private information in them.)

Thanks Giles. I'll send you via feedback. Yeah - just can't see what's going on to be honest, must be something I've missed somewhere.

Thanks.

Have sent terminal output via feedback. I am using authentication on the web app, but disable it during step 4. Could it me a python version problem?

I replied to your feedback notification via email -- will post back here if the solution turns out to be something generally-applicable.

I am glad to report that everything went fine today! fourth time lucky. I'm afraid I can't report what I did right this time or what had changed - so nothing useful to feedback. But thank's for help Giles.