Forums

automatic console sizing with ipad

Currently, pythonanywhere seems to autodetect the ipad browser and when you go to use a console session, you get a small (about 6 line) console in landscape mode. The rest of the space on the bottom is left for the on-screen keyboard (plus the special row of helpler keys). This is fine if you are using the onscreen keyboard, but if you are using a bluetooth keyboard with the ipad, it's all wasted space. It would be great if there was an option just to switch to the full screen console mode like in regular desktop browsers.

Hi there, yes someone else has mentioned that in the past, I'll add an upvote for the ticket from you.

In the meantime, I wonder if there's any way you could hack your way around it? We currently auto-detect ipads just based on finding the string "iPad" in the user agent, so if you could tweak your user agent somehow... maybe install Firefox, if Apple will let you?

Editing a file with vi in Safari on an iPad running iOS 9.0.2 seems superbroken, unusable. Navigation keys (up, down, left, right) don't work and when using CTRL keys, the extra keys bar covers the code I want to edit. Can't call in Anywhere if I can't edit on my iPad.