Forums

Problem connection to sql server

Dear Support,

I've been trying an sql remote connection using almost all tools from https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/AccessingMySQLFromOutsidePythonAnywhere

As a result - no connection. Tried login/password multiple time. No results.

I hope the issue is in something very small. But I can't resolve it.

My account is paid. Login - Miromax

We need more details to help you, like what kind of errors did you see, etc. I don't see any SSH connections in our today's logs for your account -- are you sure you were establishing an SSH tunnel?

enter image description here

Here is the result from DBeaver. Password fo ssh - is main pythoanywhere password. Password for sql - sql pas.

What happens when you test tunnel configuration on the ssh tab?

Cannot establish tunnel to ssh.pythonanywhere.com:3306 Connect timed out Connect timed out

Make sure that you can SSH into PythonAnywhere: https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/SSHAccess/

Successfully accessed to ssh from terminal (macos).

Got - 10:29 ~ $

Dbeaver at noway, doesn't want to establish connection.

Still same error: Cannot establish tunnel to ssh.pythonanywhere.com:3306 Connect timed out Connect timed out

Is there a toggle to show more fields in the SSH tab?

Type of authentication method - pas, key, agent.

Another tab - Jump Server Setting. and - Advance settings - SSHJ...

What authentication method are you using?

I am using "password"

I see only one connection attempt for your account in the logs, so it does not look like the connection is making it to our servers. Perhaps you have an antivirus or a firewall that is blocking the connection for DBeaver and not for simple SSH.

That only one connection was from macos terminal and was successful.

Perhaps you are right and there is something is blocking from macos.

As a proof of this, not only Dbeaver couldn't connenct. Another programs from suggested list couldn't connect as well.

That does sound like a firewall on your machine, or an antivirus program.

I found the issue. Port for ssh should be 22 (on macos).

Connection was successful )

Glad to hear that!