Forums

Web apps slow from 6-7am UTC?

I recently set up an uptime monitor on my site and noticed that between 6-7am UTC, the average load time spikes up by 1-2s on average, and by >15s at worst. See the uptime report here.

I don't have any scheduled tasks or anything else that should be running at that time, so I'm curious to know what might be causing this. I did see this thread from 2012 referencing slowdowns from 6-7:30am UTC but I don't know if it's still relevant anymore as it's been 12 years now.

Thanks!

It could be some other user doing something as we are running your code on shared infrastructure.

My webapp appears to be slower than usual aswell since yesterday to the point where it need's 10x the time just to load

Do you know what is slow? Is it db query, external api call, file access or some computation?

Think Piwik Pro Suite might be the cause but not sure

I have no idea what it is and what it is doing in your code.

It is a web analytics platform to track website visitors similiar to google analytics. But it's not the cause.

I fully stripped the code and it seems to be bandwidth related aswell as the time to write and read the dataframe. Could it be that if both resources are shared it is currently more occupied by other users? Because the code was running fairly quick before last week for about a month.

We have a help page to help you debug what may be making your web app slow: https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/MySiteIsSlow/