Forums

Include Humanize library or recommendation for similar?

Hi - I was just working on some message construction that would be nice to be "humanized", since they will be read by humans. I googled and found this library: https://pypi.org/project/humanize/

My project thus far is using modules provided by default here at PA. Any chance of adding this one? I could set up a VENV, but thought it best to check here first since I like not having to deal with that on my scheduled tasks.

Thank you.

We'll add that to our list of modules to include in the next system image update, but we do not know when that will be available - it could be up to a year.

OK - got it. Thank you for letting know the time horizon. I'll see if Arrow can work with timedeltas.

I would recommend having a go with virtualenvs, though -- they're not that difficult to use. If you want to use one in a scheduled task, you would set it up, and then instead of scheduling something like

python /home/Awestruck/somedir/somescript

...you would just schedule this:

workon virtualenvname && python /home/Awestruck/somedir/somescript

Thanks for the push. I've used this second method a couple weeks ago, then I realized everything I was using was built in. I had a bit of a scope change so at the moment I don't need the linked library, but of course it could switch back and in which case I'd take your guidance.

Great! Just let us know if you have any problems if/when you start using virtualenvs.