Forums

Connecting to PythonAnywhere MYSQL with .NET Connectors SSH

Hi all,

I am using a building modelling software and need to connect PythonAnywhere MYSQL database to it. I am using a visual programming language/interface called Dynamo for that software, that requires to either use built in nodes, or write commands in python. Unfortunately it is running on IronPython, that's why I can't use CPython connectors. I have to append .dll libraries and translate commands from C# to Python (you can see the names of the libraries on the image). I attempted to connect through SSH but I am not getting any response. "[Errno: 22] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond." I am using The idea was to connect to SSH and then try to do some kind of forwarding to then connect to the database. I don't think I can move any further and troubleshoot until I get some kind of response from your server. Do you know what could be the problem and am I on the right track here? Any help will be appreciated!

PS I've managed to connect with MYSQL Workbench to PythonAnywhere MySQL. Through Dynamo I am able to connect to a local MYSQL or cloud hosted on Azure (using just the code that you see in the bottom of the image). I've deleted the passwords after running it. ![enter image description here][1]

https://ibb.co/g3v1sMM

I recommend you try out the "Manual SSH Tunnelling" option on the help page about accessing your MySQL database from outside PythonAnywhere. That will start a program on your computer that looks like a MySQL server, but is actually the endpoint of a tunnel over to the server on PythonAnywhere. It's basically part of what MySQL Workbench does internally, but you should be able to connect to the endpoint from Dynamo just as if you were connecting to a local MySQL server.