Forums

Delete website not working

I recently started using pythonanywhere and have predictably messed up upon my first time learning it. I would like to entirely reset my web app so that I can start from scratch. However, when I hit the red "delete" button at the bottom, it just loads for a very long time and then times out after 5+ min. I do believe some things have been deleted because I cannot access my WSGI file anymore as it gives me a 404 page. I'm not really sure where to go from here since I only have the free version where I can only make one webapp. My question is how to permanently delete the webapp, or at least restore the WSGI file so I can cobble something together.

There was a problem with one of our machines, but it should work now.

Hello, I have tried deleting the page again but it's still not working. It continues to load for a long time and give me a server error message.

Thanks for reporting that -- we'll be investigating that after the weekend. Meanwhile -- do you still have this issue?

Hi. I have the same problem. When i want to delete my web app the page is loading for a long time and gives an error. I can not access my WSGI file too. Thanks for your help.

We had a problem with one of our machines, sorry for that. How does it look now?

It looks fine, working now. Thank you so much.

Thanks for confirming that!