Forums

"There is a problem with your domain name configuration." - I need help, I've followed the advice, but it's still not working.

This is the message I get:

There is a problem with your domain name configuration. Take a look at the DNS setup section below for details. Be aware that DNS changes can take some time to propagate across the internet. The exact time they take will depend on your domain configuration, but it could be as long as a day.

I set up with GoDaddy.com, and I've pointed my domain malmesburytandoori.co.uk at my webapp address webapp-131107.pythonanywhere.com and vice versa (though in PythonAnywhere it has the www on it). I did this a while ago.

I've just uploaded the django files, and altered my wsgi file, and when I reload my webapp it give me the above message.

When I visit the website though it still says 'coming soon'. I've followed the links that advise me what to do, but nothing seems to change it.

What have I missed out?

hi there,

You should point the c-name of www.malmesburytandoori.co.uk to webapp-131107.pythonanywhere.com. You have not done this yet. You can double check you have done this correctly here. It should say webapp-131107.pythonanywhere.com instead of malmesburytandoori.co.uk.

(and optionally, also setup a redirect from malmesburytandoori.co.uk to www.malmesburytandoori.co.uk)

i have the same problem, on my domain administration web platform i have put Cname of my webapp-xxxxx.pythonanywhere.com and the TTL to 15 minutes ... unfortunately even on Godaddy the result is red

If the result is red on GoDaddy, either you didn't save the change or the record has not propagated yet. Setting the TTL on an existing record doesn't change it for that record or reduce the propagation delay, it just sets it up so the next time will be quicker.

actually it works, sorry it was just a bad configuration ^^thanks for your response

the only issue that i m facing it's :

www.mydomain.net works and if i type just mydomain.net that not works

That's a redirect that you'll have to configure on GoDaddy. Explanation here: https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/NakedDomains

thank you for the reply, actually i use lws.fr instead of godaddy

Ok. Then you need to configure it there.

I'm currently experiencing the issue. Is there a way you can help me check for what am not doing right? I've already added the CNAME to my domain registrar and it is almost 48 hours hours. Please I need your help. My domain name is www.majestylink.com

DNS configuration looks ok. What errors do you see in your logs? (link to logs are available on the "Web" page on PythonAnywhere).

Hello PythonAnywhere,

I added the CNAME provided for my app roygbiveryTrial to cloudflare but got the same error as the OP. I waited the entire weekend, hoping it was something to do with propagation, but still got the error when I tried again today.

I used your "dig" tool to troubleshoot it, but got dot-separated numbers instead of the CNAME. I also checked with www.whatsmydns.net as I had seen in answers to similar questions, but didn't get the expected name and green tick.

I've just done a quick deployment with heroku, and adding the CNAMEs they provided to cloudflare, and it works (the app is live at roygbivery.com).

I will really love to host this app on PythonAnywhere, as I'm using it to teach my friends in my local community, and your tools are really great for that.

Please can you help me resolve this issue?

Hi, I see your site is working and dig shows Cloudflare IPs, so it's fine and you should ignore the warning (Cloudflare puts some protection which makes our system unable to find the CNAME).

Okay. Thank you.

I have the same issue. I have setup my domain on godaddy.com. My domain name is cil-retro.co.uk. I have pointed the cname to xxxx.pythonanywhere.com. Its been more than a day but the website is not available. Everytime i hit the url it shows me the "Coming Soon" page

your DNS setup is correct, but you need to change your webapp on PythonAnywhere from cil-retro.co.uk to www.cil-retro.co.uk

How long do i have to wait after making this change? i have done it but same error is persisting "There is a problem with your domain name configuration. Take a look at the DNS setup section below for details. Be aware that DNS changes can take some time to propagate across the internet. The exact time they take will depend on your domain configuration, but it could be as long as a day."

It looks like www.cil-retro.co.uk is pointed to PythonAnywhere correctly.

Hello, Please i need help with my domain propagation. It's over 2 days now and I still get this error:

There is a problem with your domain name configuration. Take a look at the DNS setup section below for details. Be aware that DNS changes can take some time to propagate across the internet. The exact time they take will depend on your domain configuration, but it could be as long as a day.

We were unable to find a CNAME for your domain. Check this help page for more information about how to set it up correctly.

I did troubleshooting and I got this message: ; <<>> DiG 9.16.1-Ubuntu <<>> www.parentskills2go.org ;; global options: +cmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 21723 ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1 ;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION: ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494 ;; QUESTION SECTION: ;www.parentskills2go.org. IN A ;; ANSWER SECTION: www.parentskills2go.org. 1800 IN CNAME webapp-1269088.pythonanywhere.com. webapp-1269088.pythonanywhere.com. 299 IN A 35.173.69.207 ;; Query time: 12 msec ;; SERVER: 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53) ;; WHEN: Mon Jan 17 13:30:23 UTC 2022 ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 115

I have updated my settings.py allowed ....

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you

Is your web app actually called www.parentskills2go.org on your web app configuration page?

No, it is called parentskills2go.org. Thank you for asking

If it's not the same as the CNAME that you're using, then it will not work, so change it to www.parentskills2go.org

Wow. works like magic. Thank you for the help

Glad to hear that you made it work!

Im having this issue www.minemud.com this is my website name and i have copied the webapp-***.pythonanywhere.com and pasted in my cname records, its been hours now and it still shows me There is a problem with your domain name configuration. Take a look at the DNS setup section below for details. Be aware that DNS changes can take some time to propagate across the internet. The exact time they take will depend on your domain configuration, but it could be as long as a day. what do I do

It looks like it works now.

Yes it does now, thanks

My dns name shown here but when i open the webapp and reload it. It shows this error..

And when i open www.heartmeet.xyz it shows this webpage...

Comming Soon: Pythonanywhere .... It don't shows the website which i hosted on it...

It looks like it's still not propagated.

I'm using Dynadot and have added the CNAME record, I checked it here and it's already recorded however if check it www.pusatdinamo.com it's not recorded. on my web app configuration page on pythonanywhere it's named www.pusatdinamo.com. There is no option to add the www in Dynadot. Can you please help me to check if there's any wrong configuration on my web? Thanks.

If you do not know how to set up a www. CNAME record on Dynadot, you should contact their support to find out how to do it.

I have added the CNAME with the result I stated above.

It works now. besides adding CNAME record, I need to add another A record with subdomain www. Thanks.