Forums

Interacting with APIs with a scheduled task

I've got a piece of code that runs on my local computer, which performs a range of tasks about once a day on average (some days nothing, some days 4 times, overall about 7 times a week). These tasks include interacting with the Zoom API, downloading m4a files, converting them via ffmpeg commands, uploading them to Google-Drive and Dropbox via their official APIs, and sending them to Telegram, also by using their API. I'd like the scheduled task to run on a remote server instead of my local computer for all the obvious reasons, but I have the following questions:

1. Interacting with said APIs includes using keys and secrets. Is it safe to save these in a file on python-anywhere?
  2. Can one use these APIs from python-anywhere in the first place? I saw something about whitelists and stuff, but I'm new to all of this (3 weeks old coding python with these APIs to be precise) and don't understand what can/can't be done.
  3. Is there storage space for tasks that require saving files as an intermediate step? I need 150MB or so at most, before erasing uploaded and sent files.

These are all important things for me to understand before going ahead and paying for an account of course... Thanks!

1. It's as safe as your credentials. You may want to use two-factor authentication to be safer.
  2. Taka look ar the list: https://www.pythonanywhere.com/whitelist/
  3. There is 512 MB of disk space on the free account.