Forums

Error running WSGI application

I'm having an issue with running my web app after switching to a custom domain. Everything appears to have gone ok in terms of setting up CNAME, getting the security certificate and forwarding the naked domain but now when i try to run the app i get the something went wrong page and consulting the error logs i'm getting the following error:

Error running WSGI application 2020-11-23 08:41:36,807: botocore.errorfactory.MessageRejected: An error occurred (MessageRejected) when calling the SendRawEmail operation: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: root@localhost

Is there a step that i have missed in setting up custom domain as app was working fine when running on PA domain?

I see that we've corresponded about this over email too; for anyone else encountering this, it looks like Django was trying to send an email containing a traceback for an error related to the switch to a custom domain, and its logging was set up to try to send email as "root@localhost" -- which SES was rejecting.