Forums

Proxy error for Wordpress API

Hello,

I have a free account and I'm getting the following error : "requests.exceptions.ProxyError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='lesgrandesoreillesrefuge.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /wp-json/wp/v2/media (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', OSError('Tunnel connection failed: 403 Forbidden')))"

I understood that to use APIs with free accounts, they have to be whitelisted, but wordpress API seem to be rather safe and widely used APi. Is it possible to use my wordpress API with my free account?

Thanks for your answers

Unfortunately not; we have to whitelist each site on a per-domain basis, and when a site is whitelisted, anyone using a free PythonAnywhere account (including completely anonymous people who have just started a console from the front page of python.org) can access that site. So if we whitelisted lesgrandesoreillesrefuge.com, then hackers could attack it using us as a cut-out to hide their identities.

But the API is protected with a password key, it is not open to everyone (at least not the part that creates content). I didn't see that issu comming, the wordpress API is one of my main features, could I make it work with a paid account?

Yes, it would certainly work with a paid account -- because we have a name and address for paid accounts, we can connect them to a real person, so they have completely unrestricted Internet access.