Forums

I can't create a superuser

Hi,

When I try to create a superuser, using : (myvirtualenv) ~/fpa $ python manage.py createsuperuser

I get errors like :

django.db.utils.OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user 'vertent'@'10.0.0.11' (using password: YES)") ... MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user 'vertent'@'10.0.0.11' (using password: YES)")

I don't know if I have a superuser, because when I login in : http://vertent.pythonanywhere.com/admin/

Which (user/pass) do I need to use?

Thanks Thanks, Alex

If createsuperuser failed, then you do not have a superuser. If you're getting an "Access denied" message connection to the database, then one or more of the details that you're using in your DATABASES setting is incorrect. The correct details are shown on your databases page and the password should be the one that you set when you initialised your MySQL database.

Ok Thanks,

In Databases Panel, I have the database : vertent$dp_fpa

How I can change the password for this db ?

Alex

There's a heading on your Databases page that says "MySQL Password". You can use that to change your password.

How can I create a superuser after the webapp is deployed

You can use manage.py createsuperuser. See the Django documentation for how to use it.

i activate my virtual enviorment but after tha i can't createsuperuser. Iused this command python manage.py createsuperuser

What happens when you do that?

I created my super user successfully but both firefox and safari wont connect to it they are saying that they are unable to establish a connection

Could you copy the error you get and tell us where do you see it?