Forums

500 Internal Server Error (Installing pyaudio?)

Hi. I am new to python and Python Anywhere. I have managed to deploy the site, but when I click on a button on my web page that runs some python code, I get:

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

I tested and it runs perfectly fine locally. I checked the error log and it says this:

2020-03-31 17:50:51,253: Exception on /activateKurious [GET]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/speech_recognition/__init__.py", line 108, in get_pyaudio
    import pyaudio
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pyaudio'
**NO MATCH**
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
**NO MATCH**
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 2446, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1951, in full_dispatch_request

This leads me to believe that pyaudio is not installed on here. So I tried different things on Bash, but nothing worked. pip install --user pyaudio pip3.8 install --user pyaudio pip3.6 install --user pyaudio etc...

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Does anyone know what's wrong and how I can fix this?

[edited by admin: formatting]

I wonder if it is because of this. Did you make sure that pyaudio had installed without any errors when you did the pip install?