Forums

Could not connect to gateway ssh.pythonanywhere.com:22 : 113

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a MySQL database on pythonanywhere via SSH. I had a similar issue a week ago which was caused by a combination of my network connection dropping and passing the wrong passwords. I have double checked that I'm not entering the password wrong again which I'm not. Can you see anything wrong on your end? I was initially getting the error "Could not connect to gateway ssh.pythonanywhere.com:22 : 113" but I am now getting the error "Could not connect to gateway ssh.pythonanywhere.com:22 : timed out"

Update I had been accessing pythonanywhere remotely using a raspberry pi (without issue). I tried connecting via command line and the error says there is no route to host which sounds like it is something on my companies network. To verify this I tried connection via ssh on a windows machine and it worked.

**Update 2 ** The network I usually connect to with the raspberry pi isn't being picked up by the raspberry pi for some reason. The new network it connects to seems to be blocking the ssh request (although I need to verify this). I dont think this is anything you guys need to look into.

OK, thanks for the update! Let us know if you're still having problems. If you give us a time window in UTC (which is the same as the times for posts on the forums, so "in the last ten minutes before this forum post" would work well) then we can check the logs on the SSH system and see if we can see any incoming login attempts with your username.

One thing that I should mention, just in case you're not already aware -- for SSH logins, usernames are case-sensitive, so you need to be careful to use "WebDevG" and not "webdevg".

Thats grand, I'll keep that in mind next time. The network was blocking ssh requests so a simple network change fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.