Forums

My chat bot is running but not responding. I’m not in the tarpit.

Hello,

I have a chat bot hosted in the server and I have the web dev account. The process still running because I receive a response from the bot, but, sometimes not. The problem is that the process is running, it used less than the 10% of the CPU seconds and the bot don’t send a response.

I’m having this trouble around 2 days after the process was started. Every time when that happend I close the respective console, then in the script I click in the “>>>Run “ button. But around two days later I had the same situation. All those times I’m not in the tarpit.

I will be thankfully if someone can give me a little idea what is happening.

I assume that you've written your bot as a script that's run from a console normally -- specifically, you didn't write it using a webhook-based API. Is that correct?

If so, the best way to run it is as an always-on task. Normal consoles can get interrupted due to system maintenance, and then you need to restart your program. By contrast, if a script that you've set up as an always-on task exits for any reason -- even if there's a hardware problem on the computer it's running on -- then it's automatically restarted.

You are correct. I ran the process as an always-on task to avoid the situation. Thanks for you help Giles.

@BlackDSan, what is your website URL?

@BlackDSan no problem, glad to help!