Forums

css files have been updated, but the old css files are served to devices (even after clearing browser cache)

I can don't know how to explain this situation. It's not only helpless, it's extremely annoying. I made changes to my css file called 'style.css' and pushed to my repo. After pulling it into my pythonanywhere account via the virtualenv console, I noticed that the outdated styling was still showing. On using the inspect tool in my browsers - Chrome and Firefox, I confirmed that the old styling was still the case.

I have checked all the style.css file via my local workstation (my laptop) and via the File explorer provided my the smart folks at pythonanywhere.com. Both sources show the updated version of style.css.

I have no idea why the server still serves old css files when what's in the file directory is an updated version. I also want the server to serve the latest style.css. Any help will be extremely helpful. Thanks

can you give an example of a file that hasn't updated? (where it is on the PythonAnywhere file system, what is the url for it etc)

You have also reloaded your webapp right?