Forums

Missing MySQLdb

Need help restoring the "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MySQLdb/" folder. Was hoping to upgrade my default Python version to 3.6 and upgrade web2py to the latest version (2.18.5).

you wouldn't be able to delete the "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MySQLdb/" folder.

if you want to change the default python version to 3.6 we can help you change that from our end.

or do you mean the python version that your webapp runs on?

upgrading web2py needs to be done from within the web2py interface + console commands.

I would like to change default python version to 3.6. And possibly restore the lib/python2.7/ folder (and MySQLdb folder) if needed for web2py.

If could reset the whole account/profile/file system to default, that would work for me.

Upgrading the web2py to v2.18.5 (latest) running on Python 3 with MySQL is the goal now. Is there an easy way to restart an account (set it back to original configuration)?

As you have a free account, the easiest way to restore everything back to the start would be if we were to delete it entirely -- then you can sign up again with the same username and email, and everything will be fresh. If you'd like to do that, drop us a line at support@pythonanywhere.com saying so.