Forums

my site does not load

My site is www.political-insurance.com and does not load.

I'm on web dev plan and I have two sites.

I encountered no problems with my other site.

???

Thanks

When I visit www.political-insurance.com, it redirects me to https://www.political-insurance.com/, because you have "Force HTTPS" switched on. You haven't configured an HTTPS certificate for your domain, so that page displays a message saying that the site does not have a valid certificate.

I'd recommend you switch off "Force HTTPS" and reload the site; then you can make sure that it works OK without HTTPS. The next step would be to create an HTTPS certificate (see this help page), and then check that the site works with HTTPS. Only once you've made sure that that works should you switch on "Force HTTPS", as otherwise you're forcing all visitors to your site to go to something that does not work.

Thank you for your response.

I did all that but it still does not load.

thanks

Did you reload your web app after making the changes?

Yes, I did.

You still have Force HTTPS enabled.

You wrote I should switch to HTTPS.

I'm getting "There was an error updating the certificate."

I deleted the site altogether...all its directories etc...and re-created it but I still get "There was an error updating the certificate."

Anybody there?

Now "migrate" does not work on my other site (www.dialectism.org). It did work before...

The error updating the certificate appears to be coming through because Let's Encrypt are rate-limiting you. They will only let you get a certificate 50 times in a week for a specific domain, so it looks like you've somehow managed to exceed that. Have you been using some other system to get Let's Encrypt certificates beyond the system build into PythonAnywhere? The rate limit is across all platforms.

What error are you getting when you run the migration on your other site?

No, I haven't but I can wait for a week. I wish this all were not so fragile.

Bu thanks..