Forums

Couple of questions...

1) I've set up Python 3.8 in my virtual environment, and have also specified in my web app, to use Python 3.8

However, when I'm running the code in my working directory, it gives me the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/eugeneamcor/dashing_demo_app.py", line 4, in <module>
    import plotly.graph_objects as go
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/plotly/graph_objects.py", line 2, in <module>
    from plotly.graph_objs import *
AttributeError: module 'plotly.graph_objs' has no attribute 'FigureWidget'
>>>

I assume that this error originates because Python 3.7 is being run, instead of 3.8. How am I able to rectify this?

2) [Conceptual Qn]My Dash web application uses info based off an Excel file. I'm also looking to build schedule a daily email script that extracts info from this same Excel (I'll be able to run this script on PA right?)

As I currently manually download the file off a 3rd party portal (service provider for my org), what's the best way I can consistently reference the daily updated file? Is this my only option to do so? What is the most effective way to do this?

1. how are you running your code? (eg: is it from the file editor? is it from a bash console? is it as a webapp?)
  2. I would try to use a scheduled task that first downloads the excel, and then extracts info from it. it would be relatively easy if the download doesn't require any logins etc- if it does, then perhaps ask if this third party offers any api access/algorithmic access, or perhaps look into downloading it automatically using selenium etc

Hi Conrad, I'm running it here.

On number two, I already have a selenium script that automatically downloads the file. What should my next steps be to integrate it with the dash webapp / script that I'm planning to have on PA?

Thanks!

1. in that case, check this.
  2. perhaps just have a scheduled task that downloads and processes the file and saves the result into a databse? and then your webapp will just access the database for the most updated result?

Got it for the first question, must have missed that out in the faq.

Database wise, where would be the easiest place to host it? I'm trying to avoid using OneDrive / SharePoint due to needing to have IT enable some backend authentication for the code to read the Excel from...

well we do have a free MySQL database that comes with our platform :)

Guess I'll have to look into that! Thank you v much for your advice.