Forums

Tweepy proxy URL

Hi! I've been running Tweepy for a while now and it suddenly started showing connection refused error. I saw another thread about this where the proxy server and port have been given. I've downloaded a patch for Tweepy proxy. Can someone please tell me the proxy URL in this case? This is my final year project and I've got 200 marks riding on it. Please reply fast.

api = tweepy.API(auth, proxy_url="example.com:1234")

What do I type in place of proxy_url? Thanks!

Also, how do I uninstall the previous version of Tweepy? When I say pip uninstall --user tweepy it says no such option and when I say pip uninstall tweepy it says permission denied.

Sorry to disturb you guys, but I managed. This always happens! I ask for help and then I solve the problem myself :P For those of you wondering, the proxy URL will be proxy.server:3128

Glad you worked it out :-)

Just for anyone else finding this thread in the future, the proxy URL AgentK gives above is correct right now, but it might change in the future. A reasonably future-proofed way of finding out the current proxy URL is to start a bash console and run this command:

echo $http_proxy

Hey. Have you got any pointers on how to uninstall tweepy, or on how to patch an existing version?

Ended up using the twitter module instead.