Forums

Elasticsearch

Can I use elasticserch in my application?

I've to find a host for the startup in which I work and its the only doubt that remains....

Unfortunately not. You could look for a third-party provider to integrate with from here, or alternatively there are python-only search solutions like whoosh, but we currently don't support elascticsearch natively.

I'll add a +1 in our tracker...

Any updates on the status of elasticsearch? I'm thinking of using it along with wagtail.

No. We're still working on the infrastructure changes that would be necessary to support it. You could try using the Amazon ElasticSearch service if you really need it now.

Another vote for supporting Elasticsearch for use with Wagtail from me. In the meantime, if I'm going to use the AWS service, which AWS region does PA use? All other things being equal, I'd go for us-west-2, but not if it's going to slow things down significantly.

I've upvoted the ElasticSearch ticket. Our AWS region is us-east-1 -- I'd expect there's pretty decent bandwidth from there to us-west-2, though it might be worth running a test to check it works well.

Any updates on elasticsearch?

No changes, no. I've added another upvote.

@giles - please one more upvote from my side for elastic search.

Done!

Please one more upvote, elasticsearch would be great !

Thanks! Upvoted.

Another upvote for Elastisearch, please

ok

Any progress on this? A upvote from here as well.

No progress on ElasticSearch, but we will add an upvote for you. Thanks for the post!

Upvote for ElasticSearch from me, too, please!

another upvote from me =)

Both noted :-)

Upvote for ElasticSearch from me, please!

Noted again :-)

I'd like to upvote as well, please.

Upvote as well

Another +1 for elastic saerch please

ok