Forums

bash keyboard on android: caps lock always on, are there any arrow keys

Hello

What a brilliant product!

I an new to pythonanywhere and android (jellybean, 4.2.2), but I would develop on it.

Anyone else doing that and got a proper bash shell keyboard working?

Probs: Caps-lock is reset to on after every key stroke. Cant find any arrow keys - I confess, I havent RTFM'd yet.

Yeah. The auto-correct/complete gets in the way of the console and we haven't worked out a good way of disabling it. There are directives to put in the HTML to stop it from happening, and they help a bit, but not very much.

I was unable to type in consoles with my Android phone. Like many users, characters piled up making it impossible to type a command.

I was assuming that the problem lied with how the textArea is rendered. Well... After installing nextApp keyboard (essentially in order to be able to send up arrow), I can use consoles.

Caveat appears to be that if connectivity is very poor, the cursor will not move as you type. But it is a rare occurrence.

Using consoles on my phone is a major improvement

The best/easiest way for now as a paying user of PythonAnywhere is to download a mobile app like Termius on android, and ssh into ssh.pythonanywhere.com to access our consoles!

Good to know. Thanks

Will try. This being said, next app keyboard works well enough for me.

Thanks for that suggestion! I've been recommending the Hacker's Keyboard in the past, but it's good to know of alternatives (especially because some people have reported that even that one doesn't help).