Forums

Payment Methods & Up Front Payment

I used my beginner plan for PythonAnywhere, and it worked great to start off with. Now I'm ready to upgrade! None of the preset plans were right for me, so I chose the custom plan option. I configured it how I liked (everything at the lowest pretty much), and I went ahead to start paying.

I ran into a few problems, and I have a few questions.

1) I see that there are 2 payment methods for PythonAnywhere: PayPal and Credit Card. What types of credit cards does PythonAnywhere accept? I have a different card, and I'm not sure if PythonAnywhere will accept it.

2) With the custom plan, is it possible for me to pay my fee for my custom plan up front? Can I pay for it all for a year, instead of a recurring payment each month?

3) Finally, with my custom plan, do I get to add a custom domain, or do I have to keep the PythonAnywhere subdomain? I'd like to be able to use my own domain.

Thanks!

Excellent questions, thanks -- we obviously need to improve our payments page so that they're answered up-front!

1) I see that there are 2 payment methods for PythonAnywhere: PayPal and Credit Card. What types of credit cards does PythonAnywhere accept? I have a different card, and I'm not sure if PythonAnywhere will accept it.

We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Both Visa credit and Visa debit should work fine (though it can depend on your country)

2) With the custom plan, is it possible for me to pay my fee for my custom plan up front? Can I pay for it all for a year, instead of a recurring payment each month?

Yes you can, and it's also cheaper -- we charge you ten times the monthly payment for the whole year. If you want to do that, just drop us a line at support@pythonanywhere.com -- we need to process annual payments manually at the moment.

3) Finally, with my custom plan, do I get to add a custom domain, or do I have to keep the PythonAnywhere subdomain? I'd like to be able to use my own domain.

Yes, you can use a custom domain with a custom plan.

Great! Thanks for the quick reply :) Absolutely perfect for me, so I expect to get setup very quick.

Have a great day!

Excellent! And you too :-)

Hello. I hope you don't mind me resurrecting this thread, but my question is related.

I'm also upgrading my account, and would like to use my PayPal account. However, I don't want to use my Credit Card since I have PayPal funds available anyway, but it seems that option is not possible and I'm always directed to the Instant Payment option.

May I have an email address I can manually specify in PayPal to pay for the upgrade?

EDIT: Never mind, now I understand why a credit card is required: it's for the recurring billing.

if you want you can also pay for a 12 month annual plan- then you could probably use your paypal funds to pay. just email PythonAnywhere support about it.

Yup, plus one to what bfg says. For reasons they've never managed to adequately explain to us, PayPal won't do recurring billing without a credit card. (Sure, your balance might run out at some point in the future -- but then, credit cards can get maxed out too, so they're not necessarily more reliable.)

So while we're happy to accept PayPal non-credit card payments, we need to process them manually right now and that means we can only do them for annual subscriptions.

On the plus side, if you pay up-front for a subscription then we give a discount, one year for the price of ten months.

I want to use only paypal funds since I am in kenya,is it possible.payments methods are limiting you from accessing african countries.Try integrating Kenyan mpesa if you have heard of it

It's an interesting idea, but I do not expect it to happen soon.

hey hi i need a help. i am using custom domain, and i started paying 5.25 $, for a month, my doubt is you will take automatically for each mmonth or should i manually pay for every month?

how can i pay for annual? could you tell me the process

Sure. Send an email to support@pythonanywhere.com with your billing address, the account you'd like to pay for and what features/account type you'd like and we'll send you a payment link.

hi sir my other doubt is, will you automatically debit 5.25$ from my account every month?, because i have paid with visa international card and the date of payment is 18-11-2020, now today is 17-12-2020, will you automatically debit tomorrow?, or i need to fill my details and pay. if you automatically debit from my account it is good, but if i need to do manually again means just tell me the procedure sir.

Yes, you will be charged tomorrow. I do not need to do anything.

Hey i have some probleme but visa card dont work for me

@innovazingvi Email us at support@pythonanywhere.com with some details, please.

Hi, my Visa Debit card got declined(India), it worked last month and there are sufficient funds, has the debit card option been removed as an accepted payment?

The known solution to problems with Indian cards is to pay annually.

In fact, because you are paying for the whole year, we give you a slight discount- you can get an annual plan for just the cost of 10 months!

Keep in mind that once you commit to an annual plan, you will not be able to downgrade or get a refund. You will however be able to scale up if necessary by paying for the extra features pro rata.

If you are okay with that, let us know at support@pythonanywhere.com and we will send you an invoice and a payment link.

I am not able to do the monthly hosting payment from Indian debit and credit card of all banks, it is always saying card is declined. I have checked with my banks and they are saying everything is ok. When I tried with my brothers US bank card, payment is accepted successfully. Please check if you are accepting the payments from indian cards, it was working fine untill last year.

@infinitetinyorg the declines are most probably due to the recent RBI regulations that affect recurring payments for Indian users -- the working solution is to switch to annual subscription. If you're interested in that, please drop us a line at support@pythonanywhere.com -- we will need your billing name and address (for tax purposes) and plan name/features that you'd like to upgrade to, and than we'll be able to create a payment link for you.