Forums

Secure Connection Error using selenium

Hi guys,

I am trying to look for train tickets in the official spain train website (www.renfe.com) using selenium. After filling all text boxes (departure, destination and dates) and click the button to carry out the search I get a connection error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to venta.renfe.com

Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm
(Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

The page tou are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data coult not be verified.

Since the same code works perfectly in local I thought that maybe it was because accesing from EEUU but some friends who are living there have no problems with the website. So I wonder what could be the reason and more importantly, what could be the solution.

Thank you very much in advance

This is a problem with the version of Firefox that we currently have installed, which is an old one because of the way our virtualization system works.

Our next system update will, if all goes well, allow us to roll out an updated virtualization system which will make it possible to run Chromium and more recent versions of Firefox, and that will fix this issue. We're currently finishing work on it -- we don't have an official ETA yet, but unless things go very wrong we should be releasing it in November.

Thank you for your response. I will wait for november then. Will you send an email informing once this new feature is ready?

We'll post about it on our blog, but I've added your username to the ticket on our internal task-tracking system, so you should get an email too.

What will probably happen is that we'll deploy it, but it will only be active for accounts belonging to staff initially. Once we've used it for a little while and we're happy it's solid, we'll invite people to beta-test -- that's when we'll email you. If everything looks good after a week or so of that, then we'll roll it out more broadly.

I also want to beta test this

OK, I've added you to the beta list too.

Hey, I would also really like to beta test this too. Could I be added to the beta list?

Sure! I've added you.

Our new virtualization system is now ready for beta-testing :-) If you'd like us to switch it on for your account, please log in then use the "Send feedback" link at the top of the page to send us a message requesting that we do so.

Secure Connection Error using selenium. Hi,guys i have a problem with firefox, someone help me with it,thanks in advance! enter image description here

hi, that seems like the version of firefox selenium is using is not compatible with the website's https protocols. this may be solved by switching over to using chrome with selenium, which I see we have already switched on for you.

@conrad And can't i use the newest version of firefox? because chrome for me is not a option

@ell4me maybe later this year when we create a new system image.

Stumbled upon this just now, having the same issue. Is there any update on this?

No, there isn't. We're still working on the new system image.