Forums

How to reinitialize my account ?!

Hi everyone,

I did something wrong, i delete every files included by default. Could someone send me them back : - .profile - . vrmc etc...

Or tell me How can reinit my account? thx

I'll put them back for you.

Ok. I've re-initialised your home directory. You should have all the default files now.

thanks !

by the way, don't you think that developing a button with this functionnality could be usefull ?! As the site will grow there will be more and more people doing the same miskate.

thx again !

Maybe. We're a small team, so we're very lazy about implementing stuff that we might need. We'd much rather work on stuff that we know we need and that improves PythonAnywhere for a large number of our users.

I guess my former suggestion of a nuke button for all running processes is low on the list too. I understand, but it really does sound like a fun button to have doesn't it?...:P

It's not THAT low on the list :-)

@hansel No worries. I'm not a hater. I know you guys have a long list of things definitely worthy of getting done. But the same issue we all have. There are only 86,400 seconds in a day. We have to prioritize what we do with them. I also realize that if you keep working on other issues PA could get to a point where we would have no need for a <NUKE ALL> button, so in reality, while it could be handy now, in the long run it shouldn't be even wanted.

Actually it was more a hint that it's really not that low on the list...

Even better...:)

I think the nuke account reintialization would be useful too

I just deleted my stuff too; can someone put the default files back for me!? Thanks!

Sure! That's done.

Cheers giles!

No problem :-)

Hi, i blocked my admin pass. i guess i'll need a reinit. Is it confortable for someone to do it for me also? Thanks

Is this for web2py? There's a quick way to reset the admin password without resetting the account. Check out this help page.

Hi, it didn't work :( i used also: $ python web2py.py command and i get this error

23:26 ~/web2py $ python web2py.py web2py Web Framework Created by Massimo Di Pierro, Copyright 2007-2016 Version 2.14.6-stable+timestamp.2016.05.10.00.21.47 Database drivers available: psycopg2, pymysql, imaplib, MySQLdb, sqlite3, pg8000, pyodbc, pymongo, mysqlconne ctor choose a password: please visit: http://127.0.0.1:8000/ use "kill -SIGTERM 16430" to shutdown the web2py server ERROR:Rocket.Errors.Port8000:Socket 127.0.0.1:8000 in use by other process and it won't share. WARNING:Rocket.Errors.Port8000:Listener started when not ready.

What happened when you ran the command described in the link?

I assume the error message you are showing is for the second command you ran (not the linked one)

hi, The console output my "new pass" after the command you suggested me and i press Enter But on my site page: "https://site.pythonanywhere.com/admin/default/index" i get this message: admin disabled because no admin password

Did you enter a new password when you were prompted for one, before you pressed enter?

I did something wrong, i delete every files included by default. Could someone send me them back

Hi there,

I see that your account has been restored. Are you okay now?

pff.. command should be put as it is Giles Thanks! I'm in! ;)

Hi I emailed y'all but posting here for visibility.. Can you please reinitialize my account as well?

Hi there -- we can't reset your account per se, but we can delete it (which would wipe all of your files and data) and then you can create a new one with the same name. I'll reply to your email so that we can talk about that outside the forums.

Can someone reinitialize my account please

Can someone reinitialize my account please

edit- sorry for the double post my computer played some weird stuff right there

I have resolved the problem without the need of reinitialization for the time being

:)

Can someone reinitialize my account

Thanks!! :)

we can't reset your account per se, but we can delete it (which would wipe all of your files and data) and then you can create a new one with the same name. Send feedback while logged in to the account to request the deletion and also state that you understand that all data associated with the account will be permanently deleted. We'll delete the account and you'll be able to sign up again with the same username.

deleting it would be nice. . . I understand that all data associated with the account will be permanently deleted.

will do!

Do I really have to delete all those bloody files manually? A "delete all" or even a "reset" button/functionality would be much appreciated. Not allowing users to do this themselves ought to be a priority, seeing as the team is small and preoccupied with "important stuff", whatever that might be... This will become abundantly clear as you lose users in the near future. Because tell you what? This place is not friendly to newcomers. At all. I see excuses and "quick fixes" all around, which means two things: I need to drink the red wine, calm the F down and you; you need to do better.

It's certainly something on our list. But we have to work on things in a priority order. For example, right now we're working on GDPR compliance, which is a lot of work for a company (like us) that not only keeps data about our customers, but "processes" any personal data collected by our customers on their behalf. If we get it wrong, there are fines of up to 20 million euros, which would mean we'd have to close the company. There's not much point in us working on cool new features if we have to shut down the next day.

As an aside, you do know that you can delete an entire directory with one click, right?

[edit] *two clicks, there's an "Are you sure" popup.

I've noticed, yes.

I'm frightfully sorry about the previous message. I was going through some things and quite stressed out at the time. Doesn't make for much of an excuse, but it's all I've got.

Fair enough, we all get stressed from time to time! Hope the red wine helped :-)

Can I please have my home directory reinitialized too? I made some bad mistakes long ago and I wouldn't even know where to start to fix it.

we can't reset your account per se, but we can delete it (which would wipe all of your files and data) and then you can create a new one with the same name. Send feedback while logged in to the account to request the deletion and also state that you understand that all data associated with the account will be permanently deleted. We'll delete the account and you'll be able to sign up again with the same username.

Hey, Can somebody pls help me to reset my account with all the default settings.

Hi there -- if you send us a feedback message asking us to delete it, we can do that -- then you can sign up again with the same username.

I deleted 2 files in "/home/faqtcoin" -- not sure if I need them. (1) .local (2) .cache (i think)

can you restore them please? or if you could reset my account that would work too.

thanks! really appreciate the resources you guys have :-)

You don't really need those two directories unless you've installed stuff with pip install --user. So if you haven't -- say, if you're using virtualenvs for everything -- then you're fine.

If you want to completely reinitialize your account, the best this would be for us to delete it, and then you can sign up again with the same username -- let us know if you'd like to do that.

Hello! I figured that this is the place to be for account reinitialization? Im following the djangogirls tutorial and Im screwing this up so hard, for some reason Im stuck in a loop where I am in home/<usrname>/<domain>/(Here was supposed to be my app), where I cannot --nuke the thing with pa_autoconfigure_django.py, because I 'Already have a webapp running', and also not without --nuke'ing it because then Gitlab is giving me a code 128. Also cloning my app manually, activating the venv, and then run manage.py runserver tells met that the port is already in use. And the greatest mystery: if I ls the folder its completely empty.

Please reset to default. Thanks in advance!

KR

Hi there -- just send us an email at support@pythonanywhere.com and we can delete the account -- then you'll be able to sign up again with the same username. Or, if you like, you can just sign up for a new one with a different username right away -- we don't limit the number of accounts associated with a particular email address, you just need to remember to use the username instead of the email address when you log in.

Ayy thanks for your reply! I will be making a new account then. I hope the reset to default feature is not too far away from the gdpr stuff on your priority list.

Thanks for your amazing service!

Thanks for using it :-)

I just deleted my stuff, can someone please put the default files back for me. Thanks!

I just deleted my stuff, can someone please put the default files back for me. Thanks!

Ok. Your default files should be back.

Thanks

Glad we could help.

Please delete my account

Hi! I messed up with the file flask.py. Can somebody reset my account to how it was? Thanks in Advance!

Drop us a line at support@pythonanywhere.com letting us know which file it was, and when it last contains the data that you need. One thing to note -- we take daily backups (the one today was at 5:07:07am UTC) but they're designed for disaster recovery rather than point-in-time restores, so it can take up to 24 hours to recover a specific file.

I tried restoring the initial lines of code in the file flask.py and it worked. So, I am good for now :D Thanks for your timely response.

a

Hi! Sorry I deleted my original default files. Could you please reset my account too? Thanks!

Update: I seem to have resolved it myself by recreating a web-app. No need to reset my account anymore thanks!

PS Is there any way to delete posts?

Cool. Glad you worked it out. There is currently no way to delete posts.

Hi!!! how can i reset my pythonanywhere account???

There's no easy way to do that, but we can delete your account for you if you want, and you can recreate it after.

Hello everyone. So, I need to return my files to their original state. Please do it for me, if you are not too lazy, and even if so, I ... demand! :) i messed up with files, soo thx

Send an email to support@pythonanywhere.com

Can I reinitialize the account too??

Send an email to support@pythonanywhere.com

I have the same problem and delete pa_autoconfigure_django.py in pythonanywhere :((

To fix that you just need to run

pip3.6 install --user --force-reinstall pythonanywhere

I am running the command to reset admin password:

python -c "from gluon.main import save_password; save_password(raw_input('admin password: '),443)"

and get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'raw_input' is not defined

Any solution? Thanks.

raw_input is Python 2 function, not present in Python 3 -- use input instead.