Forums

Installing springpython with pip3.6?

I wanted to try out springpython because JDBCTemplates from Spring felt right in the past and I saw that there are DatabaseTemplates for Spring Python.

Below is what I tried in a Bash console with no luck. Could anyone educate me why I'm getting a message that Spring Python only support Python 2.6 or higher when I'm calling pip3.6?

Thanks in advance!

13:09 ~ $ pip3.6 install --user springpython
Looking in links: /usr/share/pip-wheels
Collecting springpython
Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/76/93/d7b33451ac715bbbd9fc2e0664a585fb280f43e6ce0a8903996aa6670222/springpython-1.3.0.RC1.tar.gz

Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/tmp/pip-install-osz9pbfk/springpython/setup.py", line 26
    print "Spring Python only supports Python 2.6 and higher"
                                                            ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print("Spring Python only supports Python 2.6 and higher")?
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-osz9pbfk/springpython/

Update -- the command below works -- my current operating theory is maybe there isn't a Spring Python for python 3?? I'm a python newbie here, so that is just an idea, don't take it as gospel.

~ $pip2.6 install --user springpython

You are right, spring python, the library you are trying to install, only supports python2.6 / python2.7, and not python3 (you should probably install to 2.7 not 2.6 though)