Forums

CSS static files not being found

Well for some reason my static files aren't being found in my web app. I have used this ability multiple times and never had any issues, and I have double checked my url and path multiple times. Yet for some reason it still will not find it. Any other possible trouble shooting possibilities? Been lost for a few hours just double checking everything, nothing seems out of the ordinary.

I have used "/static/style.css" and "/home/rbknight1000/mysite/static/style.css" and it doesn't find it.

Here's how I am calling it:

<link rel = "stylesheet"
  href = "/home/rbknight1000/mysite/static/style.css" />

Anybody got any advice?

"/static/style.css" is the correct way to specify static files. It looks like there's an error in your static files configuration on the "Web" page -- you're specifying a directory of /rbknight1000/mysite/static/, and that should be /home/rbknight1000/mysite/static/. You'll need to fix that, then reload the website using the button at the top of the page.

Ughh thank you. That worked. Such a small fix that held me up for a full day! I think I had changed the Web configuration to that before, but didn't change the href calling. Appreciate the help!

No problem, glad to help :-)