Forums

G-Suite Verification

Hello!

I was wandering if it is possible to integrate my site with G-Suite?

I am currently having trouble getting g-suite to verify that I am the owner of my site.

There are 3 verification methods. Add a meta tag to the sites index file, upload a file to the sites root directorym or add a cname.

I have tried uploading a file to what I am assuming is my root at sethan.pythonanywhere.com. But when i try verify it says cannot find the file at sethan.pythonanywhere.com/google4465465465.....html

Am i uploading to the correct directory?

If it needs to be in the root directory, you'll need to set up a static file mapping especially for it -- with your current static file mappings, only URLs that have the directories specified in the "URL" column of the static files table on the "Web" page will be mapped to static files.

I'd recommend setting up a static file mapping just for this specific file -- the "URL" should be the "/google4465465465.....html" location specified by Google, and the "Directory" (which is slightly misnamed for this use case) can just be the full path to the file, eg. "/home/Sethan/something/something.txt".

Hello Giles!

Thank you so much for the help!

I have created the static mapping:

URL: /google9c3338586eb1b950.html

Directory: /home/Sethan/incidentreport

( I have also tried Directory: /home/Sethan/incidentreport/google9c3338586eb1b950.html)

But when I try to verify, Google is still saying it cannot find the file. I am sure I have set up the static mapping correctly according to how you suggested.

EDIT: Ok it worked!! I had my Sethan as sethan (lower case)

Thank you for the help!

great!