Forums

Android apps

Dear PythonAnywhere team,

There is no information about creating mobile apps on the PythonAnywhere website. Is it possible, for example for me, to create android apps only with my an android tablet and the PythonAnywhere service?

All the best.

Do you mean actually coding it using the Android tablet? It might be tricky, as our support for Android tablets in our UI is variable -- that is, it depends on which tablet you're using. Have you tried editing a simple script -- say, create a file called "hello.py" on the "Files" page, and then putting some code into it and running it? That should give a feel as for how well that works on your specific tablet.

For the app itself, we don't have anything built in for developing it -- just for the back-end services that it would access -- but a Google search for "develop android app using tablet" took me to this Quora post, which might be of interest.

I'd like to use my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 for learning Python through coding apps with simple GUI for my smartphone as lightweight prototypes for Play Market.

I've tried to use for that the Kivy Launcher for Android. But it works not very well.

That's not in the scope of PythonAnywhere. We're an online, browser-based service. PythonAnywhere has nothing to do with code that you want to run on your device.