Forums

My Django app are not able to find all templates!

I made a portfolio app and deploy it t here, it works fine but not all the templates are connected, clicking on the thumbnail image should open a detail page, this is working fine in my development server but in the production it says: TemplateDoesNotExist at /post/4/..etc. could you tell me please what i missed.

thanks.

the address is: http://www.donillustrations.com

Make sure the template is there and make sure that you have configured your framework to look in the directory where the template file is.

I checked all of that and everything is set but still have problem with (some) templates.

So right now at http://www.donillustrations.com/post/4/, I'm seeing an error message that says this:

Django tried loading these templates, in this order:

Using engine django:

django.template.loaders.filesystem.Loader: /home/donaldillustrator/Don/templates/workview.html (Source does not exist)
django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/templates/workview.html (Source does not exist)
django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/templates/workview.html (Source does not exist)

Does the file /home/donaldillustrator/Don/templates/workview.html exist? If so, can I take a look at your files? We can see them from our admin interface, but always ask for permission first.

Yes it is exist. And sure ,check the files please.

I suspect that you are the same person as the original poster in this thread, but just to be sure -- could you post that again as the user donaldillustrator?

sorry for that, I'm the same user for "donaldillustrator" and "mortada".

Your code is looking for workview.html, but the file is called Workview.html. Case is important.

Thanks!, it's works.

having issues with templates does not exist

Make sure that the template you're trying to use exists and that your framework is configured to load templates from the directory where the template is.