Forums

suddenly cant edit my css static file(s)

probably being an idiot, but cant edit my style.css file. can edit a jscript one though. bit of a noob, could i have changed something that would result in this happening. can dl the file but when i upload it back under a different name it still cant be editted?? any help would be appreciated

That's odd. For some reason, the system thinks it's a binary data file instead of a text file. Did you add any non-latin characters to it recently?

no that i know of. the only thing i can think i did out of the ordinary was messing around with chromes' inspect element tool last night but cant see how it would affect anything server side.

That is odd! I can try to fix it if you want -- I'll take a copy and then edit it manually to see if I can find the binary bit and remove it. Let me know if you're happy for me to do this.

yeh definitely no non-latin typos

absolutely giles please do

OK, that's fixed. Somehow you'd managed to get a non-latin byte (value 1) in at line 206. I've removed it and it should load OK now.

thanks so much! sorry about the mess in there, bit embarrassing! would like to say thanks to you guys, learnt an incredible amount in the few weeks i've been using pythonanywhere and looking forward to signing up to a big boys account soon.

No problem! I do wonder how the junk character got there -- perhaps you inadvertently hit some weird control-key combination while editing and that inserted it -- but that sounds kind of unlikely. Maybe a cosmic ray hit the hard disk in just the right place ;-) If it happens again, let us know.