Forums

CPUs still accruing

I tired killing the console about 10-15 minutes ago but my CPU's keep going up. Could you kill this for me?

Also, what's the best way for me to handle this in the future? I'm kind of a beginner to programming and therefore prone to creating infinite loops, etc, so I'm sure this sort of thing will come up for me again.

Thanks

That's all tidied for you, and I've reset your usage. I've just been working on a script to do some background tidying up of these sorts of processes, and we've upvoted the ticket for the "kill all my processes" feature...

Thanks for your help.

In the meantime, I opened another console yesterday (while in the tar pit, but I was still able to do stuff since it was off-hours/Sunday maybe) and ran some code that seemed to go through perfectly fine on my end, but now I'm still accruing CPU's and I'm in the tarpit again after you reset it. I killed the console just now but it still seems to be accruing.

I saw that too. My little tidy-upper script needs some fine tuning. I've done another reset for you. let's see how it does now...

Hi, could you reset me again? Sorry + thanks

I've done that.

I'm wondering why you're getting this problem so frequently -- it does happen occasionally got other people, but you seem particularly prone to it. Perhaps we have a bug that only happens when you do something specific? If so, it would be great if we could track it down.

How are you closing your consoles?