Forums

RAM Limitation on the server

Hello everyone,

Here is my problem; I compiled a C program (fluidsynth) that convert MIDI files to WAV, but I can't write those converted files on my files because it says : "Failed to pin the sample data to RAM; swapping is possible."

Then I tried to edit the file 'etc/security/limits.config' to bypass that limitation, but without sudo, I can't really do anything on system files... Not sure if it's the main reason, but I will start all over again, with a new account.

If you want to know a bit more about FluidSynth : http://www.fluidsynth.org/api/index.html#CreatingAudioDriver

Regards,

Dan

If the program insists on running entirely in RAM and won't work if it can be swapped out, then I don't think it will work on PythonAnywhere :-(

Ok giles, thanks for your answer!

You guys have the best service/reactivity I've seen on the web.

Any advice on where I should go to have a decent 'heavy' sound processing on a web server?

Regards

You guys have the best service/reactivity I've seen on the web.

We do our best :-)

Any advice on where I should go to have a decent 'heavy' sound processing on a web server?

Hmm. If it's super-important for your use case to have "low-level" access like being able to control what's in memory vs what's in disk, you're probably best off with a VPS provider. I don't have any specific recommendations, but Digital Ocean have a very good reputation.