Forums

installing a module on only one of my 3 web apps

Hello, I have 3 web apps currently active on pythonanywhere, each on different domain names. I want to install two different versions of module, one for one of my app, and one for the other two. (let's say app A have access to module version 2, app B and C have access to module version 1).

Is there any way to do this? If there is, how should I do that? I tried pip install to do that but it's not working.

Thanks in advance for your help!

update, I tried checking the version with bash console, and the version installed is the new version, but running the controller script (I use web2py) it still says the old version.

Is there any particular argument to install a module to a specific webapp using console?

Yes, you can definitely do that.

What you need to do is use a different virtualenv for each website. Here's the relevant help page -- the instructions there are for Python 3.6, but because you're using web2py you'll need to use Python 2.7 -- that just means that when you run mkvirtualenv you need to change the "3.6" at the end of the command line to "2.7".