Forums

MySQL Workbench migration wizard fails

Hi there

Got a connection with pythonanywhere mysql db using ssh in MySQL workbench. It seems that the migration wizard cannot run, on the shh connection. Anyone got experience with this?

I need an easy way to transfer my databases from a local mysql server to the pa one.

Connecting to Mysql@mysql.server:3306@ssh.pythonanywhere.com...

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.0 CE\modules\db_mysql_fe_grt.py", line 137, in connect

con.connect()

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.0 CE\workbench\db_utils.py", line 196, in connect

raise MySQLError(modules.DbMySQLQuery.lastError(), modules.DbMySQLQuery.lastErrorCode(), "%s@%s" % (self.connect_info.parameterValues["userName"], self.connect_info.parameterValues["hostName"]))

workbench.db_utils.MySQLError: Unknown MySQL server host 'mysql.server' (2) (code 2005)

Connecting to Mysql@mysql.server:3306@ssh.pythonanywhere.com...

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.0 CE\modules\db_mysql_fe_grt.py", line 137, in connect

con.connect()

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.0 CE\workbench\db_utils.py", line 196, in connect

raise MySQLError(modules.DbMySQLQuery.lastError(), modules.DbMySQLQuery.lastErrorCode(), "%s@%s" % (self.connect_info.parameterValues["userName"], self.connect_info.parameterValues["hostName"]))

workbench.db_utils.MySQLError: Unknown MySQL server host 'mysql.server' (2) (code 2005)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.0 CE\workbench\wizard_progress_page_widget.py", line 66, in run

self.func()

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.0 CE\modules\migration_source_selection.py", line 454, in task_test_target

raise e

SystemError: MySQLError("Unknown MySQL server host 'mysql.server' (2) (code 2005)"): error calling Python module function DbMySQLFE.connect

ERROR: Error during Check target DBMS connection: MySQLError("Unknown MySQL server host 'mysql.server' (2) (code 2005)"): error calling Python module function DbMySQLFE.connect

ERROR: Exception in task 'Check target DBMS connection': SystemError('MySQLError("Unknown MySQL server host \'mysql.server\' (2) (code 2005)"): error calling Python module function DbMySQLFE.connect',)

Failed

Sorry if this is a silly question, but are you using the MySQL Workbench settings from this page?

Indeed. And it works great, but not with migration wizard...

Strange. Perhaps it's a bug in the migration wizard? Can't see any mention of a bug like that via Google, though.

Do you have an ssh command line or PuTTY installed? If so, you can set up a manual SSH tunnel, which should work. Instructions for the ssh command line are on the help page I linked to earlier. I can put together some instructions for PuTTY if that would work better.

It works with SSH tunnel, strange....

Sounds like a bug in MySQL Workbench's migration wizard to me -- it's as if the normal functionality pays attention to your SSH tunnelling settings but the MW doesn't. Very odd that I couldn't find any mention of that via Google, though.