Forums

Unable to access my server

I tried accessing my server and it keeps returning connection refused status:

could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host "jrsenthxxxx-xxx.postgres.pythonanywhere-services.com" (10.0.0.xx) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port xxxxx?

My site has been down for almost half a day now

hi- your postgres server is out of space. You can check this by going to your databases tab and scrolling to the bottom. You should upgrade your account to get more space, then you will be able to connect.

Alternatively, if you just want to clear down some data, we could temporarily give you more space for you to connect and clear down.

Can you please provide me with temporary extra storage.. I would like to delete quite a massive amount of data. Hope it can be done asap as i would like to bring my site up asap. Thanks

ok- we have temporarily increased your postgres storage. please clear down the data and we will bring your storage limit back down.

Thanks for updating. I have a question and I hope you can help me out.

I have an account with pythonanywhere and I would like to upgrade my postgres disk size from 1GB to 2 GB. I know that your side have helped me to upgrade it temporarily to 2GB.

So, I would like to permanently upgrade it to 2GB and i know I need go to my account and do the upgrade but how can I do it now ?

Do I have to wait for your side to reduce to my usual 1GB before I upgrade it? If that’s the case can I do it without affecting my site ?

If at all the site has to go down before I can upgrade, how long will the downtime be after I upgrade my account to 2GB.

Thanks and hope to get a reply asap. Need my site to be up for important meeting tomorrow.

You can upgrade your Postgres storage any time you like (regardless of the temporary increase) from the "Account" page -- just click on the "Customize your plan" button and you'll get a dialog box with a slider you can use to adjust the storage. When you upgrade, we'll ask you for your credit card details again, but we won't charge you at the new rate until your next billing date. There won't be any downtime.