Forums

will pay for some help!

i have tried and tried working with the webapp and web2py and then with custom wsgi, but i can not get this to work

i was about to put up on fivver but will to pay someone here for some help. I just can't lose any more time.

I need to have a python file accessible from my website that i can just send a POST to this python file to execute it. There are actually more than one python files stored here . but for now i need at least one running setup will be like this:

1. example:   username.pythonanywhere.com/users/checkMessages.py
 2. I will then POST to that python file with  the userID  from my remote server so I will need the actual URL to the File
 3. The python file will execute and display Json
 4. The Php file on my remote server will get that Json and then do something with it.

It seems like it should be very simple to do, i have the python working locally but it is just dropped in the cgi-bin

prefer to pay with Litecoin or Bitcoin...

or heck be a gem and post a tutorial that explains how this works!

Hmm, maybe someone else will be able to help with exact code, or you could consider trying Codementor for live one-to-one help on this... but if you have just a little more time, I'd really recommend trying out our Flask tutorial. You'd only need to do the first half-hour or so of it to understand how you could set something like that up -- you create a website that responds to a POST really early one -- and I think Flask is exactly the right framework for a super-simple website like this.

i do not want to have to use a button or such to do this

only info i can find with Flask is that you can do from a button

i read the tutorial and posts on stackoverflow, am i missing something?

This looks more confusing than learning the python i had to just to get this working~!

i have my project working great locally by just tossing the python files in the cgi-bin

Ok i have found that is is learning a whole new language basically, not sure how this is supposed to help with my time issue :(

I love this service but the learning curve to do something so simple is too much when you basically have to learn a new language to do so

yes- unfortunately you will have to learn flask or some other web framework

talonPower, do you still need help? I have few years experience with Web2py and also a bit on Flask.

hey thanks! i got it figured out for the most part, with Flask... i may need some help with more of it tho.

right now i have it checking the URL and using a variable to do certain events all in one file...

would like to split it up to more than one page instead of the out of the box one page flask_app.py

but for now it is doing what i need