Forums

Issue with Connecting Google Domain name with Pythonanywhere

Hi there,

Please know that I am new to hosting sites. This is the first time. Anyway, here is my issue:

I have bought a domain from Google. Now I want to connect my google domain to my pythonanywhere site. In my pythonanywhere "Web" tab I have got my CNAME: webapp-XXXX.pythonanywhere.com.

My confusion is about how I can connect them together:

Here is an image of what i see in my Google Domain account: Google domain picture enter image description here Where shall I put my CNAME into? Please help!!!

Later, I was able to help myself. So, everything is working just fine. Anyway, feel free to ask anything if you have any issue related to Django deployment.

I guess you've worked this out, but just to confirm (and to add a bit of information for anyone else with the same question), the place to enter a CNAME is in the "Custom resource records" at the bottom of the screenshot. The "Name" should be "www" (for www.yourdomain.com), the "Type" should be CNAME, the "TTL" will ideally be something like 300 seconds (longer is OK, but it means that any future changes will take longer to propagate across the Internet) and the "Data" should be the webapp-XXXXXX.pythonanywhere.com value that's shown on the PythonAnywhere "Web" page.

Hi Giles, Thanks for the information in relation to the TTL as I was unaware about!!! Otherwise, yes, everything else worked out very well.

:-D

Giles,

THANK YOU for explaining! I had the same exact issue as OP but you fixed it.

Have a great day!

Excellent, glad to help :-)

Excelente informattion Giles!!

Glad to help :-)