Forums

Database suddenly stopped working (using MySQLdb)

I was roaming around through my application checking for potential bugs, when all of the sudden every link and/or route that involved accessing information from my database returned an error. The error is saying that the table I'm accessing does not exist. For some reason it's saying that the table I'm trying to access is named the database followed by the actual table name... something like the following:

_mysql.connection.query(self, query)#012_mysql_exceptions.ProgrammingError: (1146, "Table 'Username$default.TableName' doesn't exist")

What is causing this issue? Is there a simple way to fix this? It seems to have happened randomly and suddenly. Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks.

I'm a dummy. It turns out I had dropped the table that I was using but didn't delete from my 'login' table the credentials from the table I dropped. So I could log in with that information, but I couldn't do anything that involved the table I dropped. Anyways, I deleted the login information, re-registered, and then everything worked fine. Cool deal.

Thanks for letting us know :D

/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\
<<<<<<:>~  <   Yay!           |
              \_________/