Forums

SSH Connectivity issues with MySQL Experience Manager

I am having problems connecting to mySQL Server on PythonAnywhere from MySQL Experience Manager from my desktop. This had been working till Saturday evening and suddenly it stopped working. I have not changed any credentials. I am getting the following error: Authentication Error. Unhandled exception in Tunnel Manager. These are my connection details in MySQL Experience Manager: Connection Method: SSH over TCP/IP SSH Hostname : ssh.pythonanywhere.com SSH Username : StagingServer MySQL DB : StagingServer.mysql.pythonanywhere-services.com Port: 3306 This configuration has been working for last couple of years till last Saturday. Suddently it has stopped workking.

Just to note that I cannot connect to the server using Putty / SSH. After giving username/password, the terminal window cloases. SSH from Putty was working till Saurday. Please advise.

Imtiyaz Bengali MyDentalPlan

Are you using the most recent versions of MySQL Experience Manager and PuTTY? I can only see one login attempt for any of the accounts you mention -- it was for StagingServer, yesterday at about 3am UTC (so, about 24 hours before your post). The login was rejected because it was using an insecure key exchange algorithm, which it appears hasn't been supported by Ubuntu since 2016.

(As to why it's suddenly happened -- our apologies. We upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04 last week, and that dropped the support for the older insecure key exchange methods. We weren't aware that that had happened, which was a mistake on our part, but we're not planning to re-introduce the insecure system because it would make things worse for everyone, and the solution is just to upgrade the -- normally free -- SSH clients used.)

Can you please guide me how to set the secure key exchange with SSH and MySQL Experience Manager? Do I have to set the Public/Private Key on PythonAnywhere servers?

Please advise.

Could you post a link to MySQL Experience Manager? I can't find anything about it online.

I installed MySQL Workbench version 6.3 CE and it worked. Earlier version 6.2 CE does not work with Ubuntu 16.04.