Forums

Is PA the right choice? Getting started!

Hello!

A few months ago I was thrust into the world of web development and have learned the basics of Python, Django, HTML, CSS (Bootstrap), Javascript (jQuery), and the likes.

I am building a website for myself and two other partners, and now that the design is finalized I'm starting to think about the backend as well as hosting. The website itself is a pretty straightforward brochure site with lots of static content and a blog.

I wanted to know whether the PA Beginner account is OK to get everything set up and tested by myself and my two partners - meaning getting Wagtail CMS installed and replacing all the Lorem Ipsum and dummy pictures with real content.

Then once all of this is done and the site is ready, we can just purchase the hacker account, use the real domain and go live.

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question - I'm a complete beginner and this is my first deployment!

Thanks!

yup- that's the right way to go! the beginner account = running code from the console might be slower if you run out of cpu seconds, and you won't be able to use your own custom domain name, and your webapp wouldn't deal with heavy traffic well (you should upgrade and give it more workers if you are worried about heavy traffic)

Perfect! Thanks Conrad