Forums

Start a new web app with the same virtual env of my first web app

Hi, I have a working application that uses a virtual environment, now I want to put into production a new application that should use the same virtual environment, I want to know how I would have to do so that my new application uses the same virtual environment and how it would have to initialize the Project to the moment of creating the app in the dashboard

Thank you very much for your answers :)

All you need to do for that is create the new app as you normally would, and then copy the path to the virtualenv from the "Web" tab for the working application over to the same field on the "Web" tab for the new one. Then they'll both use the same virtualenv.

Thanks for your answer,

After doing that I would have to either create the project again in that virtual environment or put my files in the directory that the web app normally creates ?

Thanks again

Hmm, perhaps I'm misunderstanding you. How were you planning to create the code for the web app? Which web framework would you be using?

I explain again I want to use the same code I already have in my first web app, I want to create a new web app that uses the same virtual environment and the same code, now my question is how should I place the code of my first web app in this New I just created

Thanks again

Ah, I see -- you didn't mention that you wanted to use the same code as well as the same virtualenv earlier.

In that case, all you need to do is make sure that the settings in the "Web" tab for both websites match, and then copy the contents of the WSGI file from the working website on top of the contents of the WSGI file for the new one.

I understand, thank you very much for clarifying this doubt.

:)

No problem!