Forums

CName setup

I've been following the help guides on this but seem to stuck on the last step. I have a GoDaddy domain name and want to use it for my PA web app.

I have: 1. Created a web app, coped the Cname address and pasted into the www cname entry in GoDaddy 2. Pointed the web app to an existing PA Virtual Env 2. Did a Cname check and the change appears to have been applied 3. No my site connects to a Coming soon page which tells me: " Hi! If this is your PythonAnywhere-hosted site, then you're almost there — you just need to create a web app to handle this domain. Go to the "Web" tab inside PythonAnywhere and click "Add a new web app". If you already have a web app and you want to use the same code for this domain (say because you've just upgraded and want the site you built at yourusername.pythonanywhere.com to run on www.yourdomain.com) then this help page should explain everything. "

1. I go to the web tab and hit Reload and it says: You do not have a CNAME set up for your domain. Check this help page for more information about how to set it up correctly.

What am I doing wrong?

It looks like your web app is working. Did you just need to wait for propagation of the DNS change?

It was a newbie error. The documentation said "specify the domain on the first step". I had interpreted this as: mydomain.com not www.mydomain.com

When I changed it to the latter it began to work.

Glad you worked it out!

That worked for me too - thanks OP!