Forums

...how you think we should manage our upgrades:

...so we'd like to hear from you how you think we should manage our upgrades:

How do you think we should schedule upgrades?
    What is the best way to notify you of planned downtime?
    How can we make the downtime impact you less?

Send any suggestions or thoughts to support@pythonanywhere.com. We'll take everyone's ideas into
 consideration and come up with a plan.
Two things:
  1. +1 for DRBD would enable zero-downtime upgrades to PythonAnywhere and that is a goal that we're very keen to achieve!!!!!!!!
  2. How about adding a UI to the user account configuration allowing us to configure methods of contact? I.E. Selectable from...
    • SMS message
    • Automated phone dialer pre-recorded message
    • email
    • Pizza delivery (with a note)
    • Facsimile
    • Don't forget this one as mentioned in a previous forum topic.
    • etc...

I should add to my previous post...

This UI configuration should allow us to configure different methods of contact dependent on the type of notification. Thus all contacts should be classified by some metric that takes into account the amount of lead time (if any) in the notice as well as the severity of the information.

Then the user can determine the type of contact needed for each classification or even perhaps multiple forms for certain classifications.

Facsimile?? What kind of luddite are you? What about a runner with a forker stick?

We've collected some excellent ideas and suggestions from users and we'll be stirring them together over the next few days to come up with something good.

Ha!! That is success, because I wanted to make my list impressive...obviously it was! Enough so for me to be referred to adoringly as a luddite...heehee