Forums

mysql not working?

I first saw the problem last night, and the problem is still persisting this morning. When running simple, common commands in the Bash console that have worked many times in the past I'm getting this error: _mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1105, '(proxy) all backends are down')

Is anyone else getting this message with MySQL?

I just got this with MySQL, but I think I was trying to read from an empty db (no tables yet) - investigating...

Jim

Just got a similar error trying to import a .sql file in a Bash console:

ERROR 1105 (HY000): (proxy) all backends are down

Is this as bad as it sounds? ;---)

Jim

Recently, the software we use to interface to the MySQL servers has started playing up. Up until now, it was completely reliable and now it just falls over occasionally. We'll look into it next week.

Ok, thanks for looking into it when you can. It's a pretty important issue that greatly limits functionality, I was a little surprised no one else had posted anything.

I think the reason it was only reported by a few people is because there are a number of these servers and only one crashed, so it only affected a few people. Glenn has restarted the crashed one so it should all be OK now, and we'll monitor the others closely to try to minimise disruption until we've fixed the underlying issue. My guess is that there is a bug that's only exposed under certain kinds of use.

(deleted!)

Thank you, it's back up and running for me. Thanks for your quick support as always :)